20 Jul Home Isolation for COVID-19 Patients – Govt. guidelines
Nearly two months into the year 2020, the outbreak of COVID-19 left every individual around the world baffled. The deadly virus has since then sparked off a global pandemic that has almost left every country globally to adopt strict regulations for the safety of citizens.
The government of India has proposed many guidelines to curb the disease and keep the patients safe. Thus, the pragmatic approach taken up by the government has proven to be a beacon of hope for those who have been specifically affected by the virus.
Who is Eligible for Home Isolation?
COVID-19 pandemic is one of the most delirious situations that medical has faced care until now. There are a large number of people who are every day getting caught in the web of the disease. In the wake of this scenario, there are many guidelines taken up by the Indian government. These protocols make sure that each patient gets maximum care and at the same time, the risk of the infection minimizes.
The larger demographic of people are showing no symptoms and yet testing positive for COVID-19. The guidelines proposed by the Union Ministry of India for both asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic cases are:
- All those patients who have mild symptoms can opt for home isolation only if there is a self-isolation facility at their residence. Patients should avoid contact with other family members at every cost.
- Patients who have a medical history of HIV, Cancer Therapy, or any Other Transplants are not eligible for home isolation.
- A medical officer shall evaluate the elderly patients who come under the age bracket of 60 years in order to allow them for home isolation. Elderly patients with any morbid symptoms such as heart disease, diabetes, chronic lung/liver/kidney disease, and cerebrovascular disease also need to follow the same guidelines for home isolation.
What is The Overall Process For Home Isolation?
All patients who have tested positive for the COVID symptoms will be discharged for home isolation after 10 days only when no fever is recorded for about 3 days continuously. The patients can then take off for home and further monitor their health for about 7 days.
- The patient must appoint a caregiver, who shall be present 24 x 7. The caregiver plays a paramount role in communicating the prerequisites for the patient and the medical institution.
- All others near the patient shall take hydroxychloroquine as a preventive medication.
- The patients must download the Aarogya Setu mobile app and send updates about their health to the district surveillance officer.
- A person should immediately seek medical help if he feels any signs of oxygen dip, pain, seizure, and weakness.
Apart from this, it is advisable to monitor everyone who is in contact with the affected person. Details of the patient shall be regularly notified on the COVID-19 portal and app.
Tribeca Care is a platform that takes care of the elderly in every circumstance. The organization understands the crisis elderly people must be going through. Hence, it has a fabricated list of services that helps them tackle this pandemic at ease.
Talk to Me: This initiative helps provide seniors with psychological support which is helpful for improved mental health.
24-Hour Monitoring: This service helps round-the-clock monitoring of the seniors at home without any physical intervention.
Assisted Telemedicine: Tribeca Care has started Nirbhor which helps physicians and doctors contact the patients through the care managers for a free consultation regarding any medical health condition.
Regular Check-ins with Seniors: Our dedicated care managers make regular call-ins to the seniors. They also keep a tab on their health condition, groceries, and medical supplies.
Aging is an irreversible process and perhaps the second childhood for all elders. In the wake of this COVID scenario, Tribeca Care has taken a step further to ensure the safety of all seniors under their care.
If you need further help or advice, give us a call. TriBeCa Care is happy to be by your side. For more information call us at + 913366064208 or request a callback. We are also available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org