The biggest religious festival is here and there is no iota of doubt in the minds of people regarding the celebrations. Durga Puja 2020 is about to begin and West Bengal will get immersed in the festivities. For the people of Bengal, Durga Puja is more than just a festival; it is an emotion.
There are thousands of people who await the arrival of Goddess Shakti with pomp and glory. However, people will celebrate Durga Puja in a new way this year. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, festival committees are ensuring brainstorming ways of ensuring safety for the common public.
The major step being taken is through digital pandal hopping. The restrictions imposed on people have allowed channels to encourage puja celebrations digitally.
In this blog, we will discuss how Digital Pandal Hopping is best for both senior citizens and the general public.
How to be mentally well during this Puja?
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19, the celebrations for Durga Puja will see changes. There will be no long serpentine queues and familiar crowded streets to visit this year. But you can still get a glimpse of the divine mother through Digital Pandal Hopping.
The coronavirus pandemic has become a source of worry for all of us. And this has taken a toll on the senior citizens. There are many older adults in and around the state who are bound to feel lonely. Thus, this initiative for digital puja celebrations will surely help them out.
What are the different pandals that are hosting virtual Puja for citizens?
While Durga Puja celebrations have taken a huge turn, several organizers have tuned into digital channels for support. Many of them are concerned that the overcrowding might risk the already infected situation. Therefore, prominent pandals in and around the city have made Durga puja for senior citizens easy.
- Pandal organizers in Beliaghata 33 and Salt Lake Clubs are creating YouTube channels and mobile apps to stream the Puja.
- The Kashi Bose Lane Durga Puja Samiti that is organized Khuti Puja is also developing an app for viewers. From the live stream, online donation, and panorama, the app will have all the features.
- Naktala Udayan has planned to stream live shows on its social media channels.
- Jodhpur Park 95 Palli has also decided to stream Durga Puja celebrations on YouTube Channel from Shashti to Dashami.
One of the most praiseworthy aspects of these channels is that they will stream everything from Kalabou Snan to Sindur Khela. The online route is much more user-friendly and multimedia ready that makes it more feasible for people, including senior citizens.
These are some other links through which you can experience virtual pandal hopping-
- Augmentedpujo- https://www.augmentedpujo.com/
What are the other regulations to follow for Durga Puja 2020?
Nothing unites the people of West Bengal like the Durga Puja 2020 celebrations. This year due to the epidemic threat lurking close by, puja committees have maintained strict protocols which are:
- Open-air pandals will be set up to make people view puja without any hassles.
- People would bring their flowers for the Pushpanjali.
- Masks are mandatory without which no one will be allowed inside.
- There will be time slots for the Pushpanjali ritual to prevent overcrowding.
- No more than 25 people will be allowed to enter the pandal at the same time.
- Drive-in darshans will be incorporated, which will help people to view idols from the car.
How can Tribeca Care help seniors during this time?
Tribeca Care is one of the leading eldercare platforms in the country. The organization understands the importance of festivities for the seniors; hence has compassionate care managers to care for your needs.
Every year the platform organizes pandal hopping for the seniors. But this year because of the high-risk of Covid-19, the activity has been halted. However, the senior members can still view Digital Durga Puja from their homes.
Our caregivers will help you to view live proceedings on TV and over the internet. With their help, you can even offer virtual Pushpanjali to the goddess easily. The care managers working with us will also connect you with loved ones through video conferences to make celebrations memorable.
We will also keep our emergency services open. In case you feel discomfort reach out to us at +91 3366064208.
Durga Puja is the pride of the West Bengal. The glittering decor and puja vibes are all set to engulf you. Thus, to make sure you do not miss the grandeur, digital celebrations are the best way to welcome the divine goddesses into your homes.