19 Sep Dementia And Ways To Deal With It
Dementia is not a disease, it’s a syndrome. Its symptoms are common to brain diseases. Dementia describes a set of symptoms that include memory loss, difficulty in thinking or problem-solving, and remembering things and language. This can be caused when the brain is damaged by Alzheimer’s disease or because of simple old age.
Symptoms of dementia:
If you are suffering from memory problems, don’t immediately conclude that it’s dementia. A person needs to have at least two to three types of impairment in their daily life to confirm it, such as;
- Forgetting how to talk properly is the main symptom of memory loss due to aging. A person with the condition may have difficulty finding the right word or explaining something to the other person. It may take a long time to conclude the conversation.
- Short–term memory loss can be an early indication of dementia. An older person can remember an incident that took place years ago but can’t remember what they had for lunch or breakfast.
- Communication is an early symptom of dementia. Mostly in the case of older people, the difficulty comes in finding the right word as well as communicating their thoughts.
- A person who suffers from dementia, they’re a way of thinking changes, and their mood changes they may be frustrated, irritated, unusually upset, and sad because most of the time they can’t remember things that happened a few minutes back.
- A person with memory loss becomes confused about their whereabouts and sometimes forgets the date or the time of the day.
- Repetition is general in memory loss because of changes in behavior. A person may repeat the same word over and over again or he may repeat his daily task.
Causes of Dementia:
- Depression, anxiety, and stress
- Side effects of a particular kind of drug
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Excessive use of alcohol
- Blockage in heart
- Lack of proteins in the body
Ways to deal with Dementia:
Dementia can’t be treated accurately through medicines. There are many non-drug treatments available that can treat and help you to live a healthy life with the condition:
- Counseling is the best way to treat loss of memory.
Talking therapy and other behavioral therapies will help because older people want to share their thoughts with other people. Regular activities include listening to music, singing, taking part in different activities, and reading books that will help to keep you physically and mentally active.
- Exercise on a daily basis will help to lower the risk of this disease.
Memory loss can also be treated by medicines, it can stop them from progressing for a while.
- Drugs may temporarily stop the progress of dementia but if one stops taking medicines, the problems will start again. Counseling can help one to stop the progress permanently and decreases the rate of progress of the disease.
We, at TriBeCa Care, care about you, and your family. Our Elder Care is categorically structured to provide the elderly with the support that they deserve. If you have any further queries then feel free to reach us. Call us at + 913366064208 or request a callback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org