24 Aug 5 Do’s and Dont’s for Asymptomatic Coronavirus
Already eight months have passed for the year 2020, and the breakneck speed of coronavirus has not yet stopped. Since the first discovery of the disease in China last December, the pandemic has engulfed almost millions of populations.
The mode of transmission of a highly contagious disease is from one person to another through direct contact, saliva, and nose discharge. But that is not something that is a matter of concern for medical authorities.
The debate now really centers around the contagion passing from the Asymptomatic carriers. Before we delve deeper into the topic, let us first know more about the word asymptomatic.
What is asymptomatic?
Asymptomatic conditions are the phase in which a person is infected by the disease but still does not feel sick or develop any symptoms.
Usually, all those people who have symptoms of coronavirus start showing them within 5 to 6 days.
However, asymptomatic carriers can take anywhere between 14 days from the time of infection to the onset of symptoms like body aches, pains, nausea, diarrhea, loss of smell, taste, and sore throat.
Can asymptomatic people spread the virus?
Yes, everyone infected with asymptomatic coronavirus can spread the disease. The majority of asymptomatic cases can shed the virus in many ways either through spitting, sneezing, coughing, or contact with contaminated objects and surfaces.
Recent research also states that asymptomatic carriers are less likely to dispose of virus copies, but that doesn’t contain the risk. So here are a few things that you should do to avoid spreading the infection if you are asymptomatic:
- Home Isolation: If you have been diagnosed with asymptomatic coronavirus you must self-isolate yourself for around 10 days. This is done to stop the spread of the virus to other people.
- Take Care of Yourself: Indeed, asymptomatic carriers do not feel the weight of the disease but that shouldn’t deter them from getting plenty of care. Patients should stay hydrated and wash hands frequently for better results and a lesser risk of the spread of infection.
- Consult A Doctor: If at any point in time you start experiencing shortness of breath, then talk to your doctor or seek emergency medical attention as these signs point out to low oxygen levels in the body.
- Avoid Sharing Your Things: For all those who have any signs of the disease, a wise step would be to limit their exposure to other people or household items. It is also advisable to wash the linens, dishes, and other things thoroughly to stop the spread of the disease.
- Practice Sneeze and Cough Etiquettes: While sneezing and coughing cover your nose and mouth with a tissue. Immediately after the use, throw the used tissue away in a dustbin and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
The above points are the 5 crucial things to do if you have the symptoms. There are also a horde of other points to follow that you avoid if you have the disease:
- Avoid touching your face, nose, and eyes frequently.
- Don’t cough and sneeze in public. If you are doing that maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others.
- Avoid stepping out of the house at any cost, except when it is a necessity.
- Don’t delay in a consultation with the doctor. Even if you have the slightest hint, consult a medical professional instantly.
- Do not abhor the deadline of 14 days. Keep tabs on your health during this time.
The spread of the COVID-19 virus has triggered off a delirious situation. It can be only controlled if we take precautionary measures. To help you in every way there are platforms like Tribeca Care which have launched a COVID-19 kit that has an oximeter in it. These kits can determine the low oxygen levels in the body and also help you diagnose the very first symptoms of coronavirus.
It is high time that we stop taking the disease lightly and pull on our socks to become responsible. So, even if you have no symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor immediately.
If you need further help or advice, give us a call. TriBeCa Care is happy to be by your side. For more information call us at + 913366064208 or request a callback. We are also available by email at email@example.com