16 Jul Critical Care Home: The Benefits and Advantages
WHY IS HOME HEALTH CARE IMPORTANT?
There are several patients and elderly people who need home care and nursing. Due to their deteriorating health and ageing old, they are unable to take proper care of themselves. Numerous reasons demand shifting the patient from hospital ICU set to home ICU setups. Even at times, a caretaker is needed if the situation of the patient or the elderly person is not that critical. The reasons can be personal, emotional, or financial for requiring home nursing.
HOSPITAL AND THE RISKS:
Prolonged stay at the hospital increases the risk of infection in patients. It also demands a lot of finance and can become a burden for the family and friends. A recovering patient who does not need a hospital stay can opt for setting up ICU facilities accordingly in their home. For the elderly, home care is a must if they are suffering from many ailments. If that is not the case, it is important to ensure that they are taken proper care of.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES OF HOME HEALTH CARE?
There are many advantages to set up critical care at home. The following section of the blog will focus on how home care can be beneficial in personal, medical, and financial. It benefits the patients, their family members and friends, and the doctors and healthcare professionals.
BENEFITS TO THE PATIENTS:
Setting up critical care at home is recommended to help in the improvement of the mental health of the affected person. In a home set-up, they have people to interact with, while also being taken care of! Let us now have a quick look at some of the advantages that the patients have:
- A smooth transfer from hospital to home is beneficial in the recovery of the patient.
- The comfort of being at home puts the patient at ease, enabling faster recovery.
- Home care is 50%-70% cheaper than hospital care.
- Direct access to personal belongings such as books, radio, phones, etc.
- One can have a soothing ambiance of the home, without the noise and hospital smell is a better place to recover. it improves the patient’s sleep pattern and provides the mental strength to overcome the crisis.
BENEFITS TO THE FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS:
Homecare has many benefits to offer to the families and friends of the affected patients. Most importantly, it allows them the long-due peace of mind. Let us quickly have a look at some of the upsides:
- No strict visiting hours. You can go and meet your affected family member whenever it is convenient for both them and you. More the people merrier the heart!
- It is the most cost-effective solution to provide ICU care at home than at the hospital. It is affordable and intensive care is assured.
- You don’t have to be anxious all the time about what is happening back at the hospital. You can personally take care of mismanagements if any. Furthermore, you can give your best to make the patient, or the elderly person at home happy!
BENEFITS TO DOCTORS:
Doctors are the happiest to see their patients recover healthily. Setting up hospital and nursing facilities at home is suggested by the doctors, depending upon the condition of the patient. One has to remember the following points:
- Home care enables a faster recovery due to proper tender care at home. The compliance with the treatment is much better.
- It substantially lessens the chance of secondary infection from the hospitals. It is important to ensure the cleanliness of the patient’s room, which is a given when one is opting for homecare. This provides room for the doctor and healthcare professionals to work with their peace of mind.
- Occupying hospital beds for a reduced period can save someone else’s life who would avail that bed. It increases the efficiency and output of the hospital.
THE TASK OF THE HOME HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS:
The health care professionals at home monitor the vital needs, and take care of the routine medicines, apart from maintaining hygiene. The teamwork of the doctors and the healthcare professionals allows focus on the following:
- Nursing care for mechanically ventilated patients.
- Internal feeding and Infusion therapy.
- Bowel and bladder management.
- Skin and hair requirements of the patients.
Home is a comfort zone, one is supposed to heal well in this atmosphere. Personal satisfaction and peace of mind are needed for a person to recover. Being around family and friends with their love, care and support are important. It fastens the healing process and urges the patient to get back to normal old self.
Reading through all the above-mentioned points and aspects of critical home care, one can rest assured that it is the best alternative to hospital care if the situation allows so. Home care and home ICU setups cost less money and ensure that the patients are taken proper care of. It is beneficial in most ways possible. Of course, only opt for this option if the situation of the patient and the family allows so. We would all want the best for our loved ones, and a homely recovery is the best way to heal them.
We, at TriBeCa Care, care about you, and your family. Our Elder Care is categorically structured to provide the elderly with the support that they deserve. If you have any further query then feel free to reach us. Call us at + 913366064208 or request a callback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org