Are you in search of a historical day-out in West Bengal with a tinge of traditions and culture? If yes, then this blog is tailor-made for you. It’s all about the well-renowned Itachuna Rajbari, West Bengal.
Also known as ‘Bargee Danga’, this structure is a magnificent ancient house of a zamindar that is rehabilitated with modern amenities. It completely justifies its tagline ‘A Taste of Royalty’, which you’ll get to know only after visiting this majestic palace.
There is something that makes this place different from others. They not only have staffs to escort you but also have guides, who will bring you with them into the world of history. Just go for a long walk and cover the entire building. Its guided tour will help you big time to understand the vast Bengali culture and traditions. The evening aarti will surely take you to some other world. Having a cup of tea with a backdrop of the soothing sound of the flute is an altogether different experience. This has been a great tourism spot for years.
The ancient Rajbari is a well-preserved place having a good ambience. The staff serves lip-smacking food in a quite traditional way. Once you enter the building, you would be awestruck by its ceremonial furnishing.
Nothing will present before you the ancient Bengali culture better than this place. This heritage building with a rich history is perfect for your one night stay. Not just this, this place contributes to preserving the traditions and culture of our country to a great extent.
A few more highlights of the palace are as follows-
1. Almost 2 hours drive away from Kolkata, this is a perfect weekend getaway to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the metropolitan city. Located near the Mogra station of Hooghly district, just head towards this palace on your vehicle or hire a cab.
2. You’ll encounter the royal authentic and ethnic Bengali cuisine hospitality. A welcome drink called ‘sharbat’ is offered to its guests as and when they enter the palace.
3. To have a grand experience at this grandeur place, just book your tickets online well in advance. Remember, the visitors without tickets can not see the Rajbari. And the only places they can visit are the temple and the outhouse.
4. The management offers various rooms as per the requirement of the tourists (charges, amenities, etc.)
5. The ancient Rajbari of Bengal is a great option for film shooting as well. Yes, various movies have been shot here. This photogenic place is perfect for your adorable pictures and videos, and you can boast about in front of your friends.
6. It’s neat and spacious rooms with homely food will definitely make your day. Moreover, the mud house doesn’t fail to give that village feel.
7. Don’t miss to stroll on the rooftop of the ancient Rajbari early morning. Because this will definitely blow your mind and touch your soul.
8. Various pet birds and animals welcome you to this majestic place. Moreover, you can see different species of birds in the surrounding greenery.
So don’t wait and plan your day out at the majestic Itachuna Rajbari and enjoy the grandeur of Bengali culture.