31 Aug 2019 Durga Puja Parikrama for Seniors Citizens
TriBeCa Care has arranged puja parikrama for senior citizens each year, and this year is no different. You can ask your Care Manager for more information or to book it for you.
Durga Puja is one of the most famous festivals for the Hindus, especially the Bengalis, which is celebrated to honor Goddess Durga. According to mythology, Durga Puja means returning of Maa Durga to her parent’s house from the Himalayas with her sons and daughters, Ganesha, Kartik, Laksmi, and Saraswati.
In Kolkata, Bengalis look forward to this festival with great enthusiasm and Durga Darshan is a special ceremony for them. TriBeCa Care organizes exclusive Puja Parikrama for senior citizens, thus making Durga Darshan a luxurious and comfortable experience.
Durga Puja Celebration in Kolkata
Durga Puja in Kolkata is a grand affair. People from all across the world come to Kolkata to see and celebrate this festival organized by various large clubs and the Raajbaris. The decorations, the theme, and the lights of these large Puja Pandals attract people in huge numbers. Durga Puja Pandal-hopping is a day and night celebration for 5 days, starting from Maha Sasthi.
Why should there be these kinds of initiatives for senior citizens in Kolkata?
Senior citizens usually spend their time sitting back at home for most of the year. During the festive season as well, they often remain secluded as they do not have the excitement to plan and go for pandal hopping.
Thus an initiative like senior-friendly Puja Parikrama can be very joyous for senior citizens where they can enjoy the Biggest Festival of Kolkata. Durga Darshan helps Senior Citizens to change their stereotype lifestyles and meet like-minded people of their generation and forge friendships.
Famous Puja Pandals for Parikrama
- Sovabazar Rajbari
- Maharaja Nabakrishna Dev Palace
- Raja Radhakanta Dev Estate
- Dorjipara Mitra Barir Pujo
- Chatu Babu Latu Babu Thakur Barir Pujo
- Khelat Ghosh Babu Barir Pujo
- Rani Rashmoni Barir Pujo
- Bowbazar Chandra Barir Pujo
- Thanthania Dutta Barir Pujo
- Bhawanipur Mallick Barir Pujo
Let us look at the Itinerary details chalked out for Puja Parikrama:
- Senior Members would be picked up from selected nodal points of Kolkata.
- AC Volvo Tourist Bus or Mini Coaches are usually the modes of transport for a comfortable ride.
- The usual pick-up time happens to be around 7:00–7:30 am.
- Breakfast and beverages are provided before the actual pandal hopping starts. A bottle of packaged drinking water is also provided.
- Pre-lunch snacks (biscuits, juices, etc.) are also organized for seniors.
- A care manager or guide for complete assistance is present throughout the parikrama.
- Then, there is a stopover for delicious lunch where the seniors can enjoy an extensive menu of items of their choice.
- After hoping the pandals and enjoying a full-day outing, the seniors are dropped at the pre-determined location.
At TriBeCa, we provide options for senior citizens to travel around and visit Puja Pandals both in and outside Kolkata. We make sure that the needs and comfort of the seniors are taken care of.
We, at TriBeCa Care, care about you, and your family. Our Elder Care is categorically structured to provide the elderly with the support that they deserve. If you have any further queries then feel free to reach us. Call us at + 913366064208 or request a callback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org