11 Aug How To Make The Right Choice Of Career Path?
Children these days are confused about their choice of career path. They don’t know which career to choose, or what path to follow. It is important to think rationally about their profession and then take future decisions. Everyone would know their true calling early in life and find happiness in their work ..this is the ideal situation, but in reality, it doesn’t work that way. A New York-based survey shows that people change their careers three times in their lifetimes. To select the right path, one must know something about oneself, the employment situation, and how to find a profession suited to one’s abilities. This task is not as easy as it seems. Career decisions may have lifelong ramifications, for example, choice of career plays a major role in determining income, status within the community, further opportunities for success, circle of friends, and ultimately the choice of spouse. Career choice helps a person shape one’s identity and sense of self-worth.
Following in your parent’s footsteps might not be the right way of choosing of career path for oneself. The random selection might prove ineffective. The steps can be taken to make the process interesting and effective.
Step – 1
Think about what type of work makes you happy and energetic
Step – 2
Focus on the skills you have
Step – 3
Take an aptitude test
Step – 4
Step – 5
Use GPV formula
Step – 6
Find a mentor
(a) What are the reasons that a child may find it difficult to decide which subject stream to follow?
Students face different challenges while choosing the right subject stream or career. It’s never easy to decide what one wants to do when they are not mature enough to think ahead and take an informed decision.
They face obstacles because of the following reasons-
- Lack of professional guidance
- Lack of confidence to explore new things
- Lack of emotional and moral support from family
- Lack of financial resources
- Lack of informed decision
- Fear of failure
- Tendency to follow friends blindly
- Lack of access to good institutions
Apart from the above hurdles, there are many other problems that hinder students’ educational growth and chances to pursue higher education. Many times social barriers, geographical distances, and demographic differences are also the root cause because of why students are unable to study further.
(b) How is an aptitude test helpful in this respect?
Aptitude tests assess a person’s inborn, learned, or acquired ability to perform certain tasks. These tests inculcate many factors like numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning, abstract reasoning, speed, accuracy, and other such abilities. Most commonly these tests would ask the student a question about their skills, values, likes, and dislikes. It helps students to understand which type of career will be best suited for them.
(c) Dealing with depression because of the wrong choice of career path?
If you are not happy with your work, don’t deny or ignore the pressure points. Look to these three indicators to figure out if a change is in order.
- Energy depletion and boredom
- A deep sense of dissatisfaction and helplessness
- Feeling jealous about other’s job satisfaction
- Not ready to go to work
How deal with this?
- Psychotherapy and counseling can help
- A career is not a one-time game..start believing this
- Don’t restrict yourself from socialization
- Discuss your mind with a near and dear one
- Don’t surrender to the negative thought
(d) How to get the right advice regarding the choice of career path?
There are 5 mega hints to find out the best career advice amongst many options.
- Be open to all the advice and listen to everyone
- Assess yourself with the help of your mentor and information bank
- Match your mind with the result of the aptitude test
- Resolve all the conflicts before you take an ultimate decision
- Finally, remember it is you who can prove that your choice of career path is the best for you
We, at TriBeCa Care, care about you, and your family. Our Elder Care is categorically structured to provide the elderly with the support that they deserve. If you have any further queries then feel free to reach us. Call us at + 913366064208 or request a callback. Email us at email@example.com