Headaches! Oh, those excruciating aches can never let you stay in peace. Moreover, if the frequent headache is due to migraine, then it’s worse. Only the ones who have experienced migraine will understand what we are really talking about. But, how much do you know about migraine? How well do you know about its symptoms and whether it’s just a headache, migraine or something more than that? Hence, it’s always better to know anything and everything about migraine.
What is a migraine?
Popular to contrary beliefs, migraine isn’t just a headache. It’s caused due to specific changes in the brain nerve. The most common symptom is usually an unbearable headache, but other symptoms include sound, smell, vomiting, sensitivity to light, disturbed vision, among others.
What triggers a migraine?
You cannot specifically point out to something and derive a conclusion why migraine is caused. But, more often than not, some triggers have been common in most migraine cases, which range from:
• Sleeplessness or oversleeping
• Fluctuating climate
• Inconsistent diet
• Strong sounds affecting the senses
If you could closely relate to any of the triggers or feel that you experience them quite often, we suggest consulting a physician and getting their opinion would be a good option.
Are there any types of migraine?
Yes, not many are aware of the fact that migraines too are of different kinds. While some aren’t so much of a concern, others can cause distress.
1. Common migraine: These are the most common ones that people suffer from.
2. Classic migraine: This type of migraine usually contains an ‘aura’, which means that you’ll get some kind of sign like a blind spot or weakness before you get a headache.
3. Acephalic migraine: This usually doesn’t cause a headache but consists of an aura and other symptoms similar to a common migraine.
4. Hemiplegic migraine: Symptoms sound and feel similar to a stroke but they are usually due to this type of migraine.
5. Chronic migraine: A lasting migraine, where the individual is bound to suffer from it for at least 15 days per month.
6 Retinal migraine: This mainly affects the eyes, causing the person temporary blindness that lasts for over a period of time.
How to Treat Migraines?
There are prescription drugs and over the counter medicines available to treat migraine. Although there are medications available in the market that give you temporary relief from migraine, it’s always better to consult your doctor first. Your doctor will understand what’s actually causing the headache and how to go about the whole thing.
Migraine can be a persistent problem if you don’t pay heed to it earlier on. Dismissing it off as a small headache can lead to further problems. Hence, get a thorough understanding of migraine, its causes, and symptoms and how to effectively obtain a cure for it. Visit your doctor to find the right cure because your doctor knows best.
For more information, call us at: 03340277777 / 8017770323 or email us at: email@example.com.
Visit our page at: www.tribecacare.com.