COVID-19 has spread to dozens of countries around the world, after being identified in late-2019 in the Wuhan region of China. The world is at risk as over 276,462 cases of Coronavirus have been confirmed all over the world and more than 11,417 deaths have occurred.
After China, Italy is the worst affected country where 627 people have died in 24 hours. Spain registered more than 1,000 coronavirus deaths. As compared to 20th March, the number of positive cases in India has mounted to 250.
Covid-19 can be tackled by self-quarantine and isolation from public places. It is advisable to avoid crowded places and cancel all non-essential travel plans.
What is self-quarantine?
Quarantine is used to separate and restrict the movement of uninfected people who may have been exposed to a communicable disease. These people may have been exposed to a disease and may not be aware of it, or they may have the disease without any symptoms. Quarantine is generally meant for 14 days, which is considered as the incubation period of COVID-19.
Self-quarantine is a strategic aim to self-isolate people who have been or might be exposed away from others as much as possible for a specific period. Self-quarantine is a step up from self-monitoring because the person at risk of infection has a higher chance of exposure even without any symptoms. Quarantining means staying away from other people for 14 days at home. He/She should not go out shopping, eating or socializing. It is of utmost importance that the person is isolated in the house even from family members.
Self-quarantine involves –
- Maintain proper hygiene
- Keep a distance of 3 feet from people
- Minimal contact with people
- Staying at home
- Not having visitors
How can Self-quarantine help in fighting Covid-19?
The Coronavirus pandemic is making everyone aware of maintaining proper sanitization. Along with maintaining proper hygiene, certain steps such as social distancing, and self-quarantine and self-isolation can help to slow the rate of infection.
By doing your part, one can make a big difference to one’s health, and that of others around you.
- The first and most obvious benefit of social distancing is that you remain safe, and in turn, protect the people around. In the case of COVID-19, the elderly or people with respiratory ailments are more susceptible and at risk.
- By practicing self-quarantine for 14 days, one can prevent being attacked by Covid-19 as the virus needs 14 days or less to develop, which can in turn help to stop community transmission of the virus.
- Healthcare systems cannot handle a lot of cases at a time. The doctors, nurses, and staff putting life and soul every day to treat patients. By keeping yourself and the others around you safe, you help reduce some of the burdens that the healthcare industry would face. This way, the affected people can heal and control the spread of the virus.
TriBeCa services available during lockdown are emergency hospitalization, medicines, bank work & medical emergencies available, continuous supervision on phone and shortfall of essentials such as food, medicine, water, sanitizers or face tissues. Contact us at + 913366064208. or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.