Walking is a trouble-free, powerful and the most effective form of exercise that helps you stay fit and in shape at the same time. It is the simplest way to stay energetic. Walking does the following for you:
- It improves cholesterol levels
- Keeps your bones strong
- Keeps your blood pressure in check
- Improves immunity
- Lowers risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- Revitalizes you & improves memory functions
- Defends you against age-related memory loss
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis
Check your checklist
Have you found a safe place to walk?
Find a joggers park or a safe place to walk. Peaceful streets with a sidewalk or a shopping mall can be good places to walk.
Have you chosen comfortable and safe attire?
Always remember to wear light clothing while you go for a walk. If it is cold wear more layers so you can remove them as you start feeling hot. Try to put on a reflective vest if you go for a walk to a place where there may be traffic so that the driver can notice you.
Do you have a pair of walking shoes?
Before you start walking make sure you have a pair of well-fitting shoes that have flexible soles to protect your feet.
Are you feeling tired too soon?
There are 2 things that you should keep in mind before you start brisk walking or jogging.
- Start slow: A 5-10 minutes warm-up is necessary to prime your muscles before a work out. This keeps you from feeling out of breath too soon.
- Slow down: After you speed up post warm-up always remember to slow down and not stop walking or jogging all of a sudden. Slowing down before you stop help avoid a fall.
Do you know the proper techniques?
Remember to stand tall, lift your chest, keep your shoulders down and swing your arms loosely while you walk. Take small but quick steps to avoid discomfort and exhaustion too soon.
Before you start exercising make it a point to consult your doctor and inform him that you shall be increasing your activity level. This is vital especially if you have any kind of heart disease or diabetes. Walk according to your comfort level. There is no need to overdo it.
30 minutes of walk everyday can improve your health.
Email us at email@example.com