It’s raining watermelons! So, start your day with a smile. And don’t forget to add some delicious pieces of this juicy fruit.
When it comes to taste and health benefits, this fruit doesn’t disappoint at all. While you savour this delightful fruit, have you ever wondered of consuming the seeds along with the fruit?
Why should you eat watermelon?
- Keeps you hydrated: It’s a known fact that we always need to keep ourselves hydrated. Watermelon contains 92% water, so if you don’t want to keep drinking water always, you now have an alternative.
- Regulates blood pressure: The watermelon extract lowers blood pressure in people suffering from hypertension. The quantity of potassium and magnesium is also beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
- Good for your heart: One of the biggest health benefits of watermelon is that this fruit increases the elasticity of the blood vessels and doesn’t let your arteries to harden, preventing major heart issues.
- Prevents prostate cancer: Watermelons contain lycopene in them, which is considered to be an antioxidant that fights against prostate cancer. So, for all the men out there, if you haven’t started eating watermelon, it’s time to start.
- Controls diabetes: Diabetics are usually advised to eat food that contains low sugar content. Being low on calories and possessing arginine that enhances the impact of insulin on blood sugar, watermelons can be a good supplement.
Can you eat watermelon seeds?
Yes! You definitely can. Let us know some of the health benefits of watermelon seeds that you cannot afford to miss out on.
- For glowing skin: While the fruit contains oleic acid and linoleum acid that makes your skin healthy, the oil within the seeds prevents dullness, acne and dry skin.
- For hair nourishment: The protein and iron in the seeds maintain your hair health by strengthening your hair, treating your itchy scalp and preventing hair breakage.
- Slows down aging: According to studies, magnesium reduces aging and since zinc in watermelon seeds manages protein synthesis, cell division and repair—it slows down the process of ageing.
- Improves digestive system: One of the health benefits of watermelon and its seeds is that it breaks down food and helps you digest food better. The enzymes in the watermelon seeds absorb nutrients that are good for your health.
- Enhances the power of your memory: The magnesium in the watermelon seeds not only improves memory, but also improves your attention span, focus, speed, flexibility and creativity. Conditions like Alzheimer’s, dementia, and schizophrenia are caused due to low levels of magnesium. So, by consuming watermelon seeds, you can improve your brain function to a great extent.
The health benefits of watermelon and watermelon seeds are plenty. So, the next time you enjoy watermelon and think about spitting the seeds, think again.
Remember all the nutritional benefits you gain from not just this fruit, but also those tiny seeds. And don’t forget to consume the seeds too.
For more information, call us at: 03340277777 / 8017770323 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our page at: www.tribecacare.com.