23 Jul Coronavirus High Alert in India: Do’s and Don’ts for Seniors
India reported 29 confirmed cases of Coronavirus on Wednesday, 4 March 2020 including 16 Italian tourists. More than 40 students of a Noida school have been sent to a 28-day isolation period after a Delhi student infected with Coronavirus threw a birthday party last night. The school has been shut for three days, says Chief Medical Officer.
According to the latest reports, the father of the infected Delhi student is showing symptoms and is said to have High-Viral load. The reports are awaited for Coronavirus infection confirmation, says Health Officials.
Coronavirus or COV is the latest nightmare in the world. This viral disease was originally initiated in the Chinese city Wuhan, and there have been already 3,118 deaths reported. The total number of infected people at present is close to 91,313, and other nations have also confirmed 11,162 cases as of now.
As per reports, senior citizens and adults nearing their old age are more susceptible to getting infected by Coronavirus. This is because most aged people already suffer from some health complications. In any case, their bodies are much less suitable for resisting a pathogen.
As per the nature of the Coronavirus, senior citizens are clearly in a more dangerous position than adults and children. Children are not safe from getting affected either. However, their body can fight it in a much better manner.
Therefore, seniors should know what they should do and what they should not if they want to keep themselves safe from this virus.
- Senior people should maintain hygiene and should always use soaps for washing hands
- The mouth should be covered while sneezing or coughing
- Masks should be used while going out
- Take immediate medical help on the slightest signs of respiratory problems
- Try to perform periodic checkups on your health, even when there is no health problem
- Avoid traveling to far places if you are not feeling well
- Avoid going to any location that has been identified as the center of Coronavirus infections
- Keep your distance from any people who are infected in any way
- Avoid people with coughs, sneezes, and terminal illness
- Animals that can be the virus carriers should not be meddled with
- Avoid eating undercooked or raw meats from any source
- Avoid going to market places where various animals are kept together
It won’t be long till a proper cure for Coronavirus comes out. Till then, senior people should take all steps possible to keep themselves safe.
We, at TriBeCa Care, care about you, and your family. Our Elder Care is categorically structured to provide the elderly with the support that they deserve. If you have any further queries then feel free to reach us. Call us at + 913366064208 or request a callback. Email us at email@example.com