On the International Day of Families, Tribeca Care brings you a contest only for senior citizens! Intriguing, isn’t it?
In the context of Indian families, it is often the elderly members who bind the family together. Even when members of the family are far apart, the elderly parents or grandparents form the link that unite all the branches of the family. So, this Family Day, let us dive into their minds and hearts.
Dear Senior Citizens,
The weeks of lockdown have been languorous, sometimes monotonous. You’ve no doubt had plenty of time for reminiscences. Now, though the lockdown is slowly easing, your days of seclusion are far from over – you still have to be carefully shielded from the deadly virus until we are sure it’s gone for good.
So, while you are still indoors, still reminiscing about the good old days, why not share with the world some beautiful snippets of those memories? Why not put your memories on paper this Family Day? let your creative juices flow?
We bring you an opportunity to win exciting prizes for your short piece of writing or poem, in English, Hindi, or Bengali. Here are the details:
- The contest is open to all senior citizens of India (age 60 and above), both members and non-members of Tribeca Care
- The entry can be in the form of prose or poetry on the theme, “a sweet memory”
- There is no entry fee, however, only one entry per contestant will be judged by our panel.
- The entry may be in one of three languages – English, Hindi, or Bengali
- The entry should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line – Writing Contest
- The email must contain the name, age, phone number, complete postal address and a photograph of the contestant
- The entry must be the original, unpublished work of the contestant
- By sending us your entry, you grant us the right to publish your entry in our website, newsletter, and other publication
- The last date of submission of entries for this contest is June 7, 2020
- The decision of our judges will be final.
- The prize winner will be announced on our website and social media
- Besides the winning entry, Tribeca Care may publish other selected entries in our blog, newsletter, and social media
So, do not wait any longer. We are eager to read about the best and sweetest memory of your life – one that you cherish and are happy to share with us.